Monday, February 4, 2008

your Wildrose Alliance candidate for Beverly - Clareview

I'm running under the Wildrose Alliance banner in the north-east Edmonton riding of Beverly - Clareview. Election day is March 3!

The NDP won the riding with more than 50% of the vote in 2004, as the PCs managed just less than 30% and the Liberals 11%. In 2001, however, the NDP polled less than 20%, with the Liberals more than 30% and the PCs more than 45%.

Although this is my first run for public office, I have an extensive background in public policy, having worked as an economist in the Financial Markets Division of Finance Canada during the tenures of Ministers Martin, Manley, Goodale, and Flaherty. I have a MBA and a law degree from the University of Alberta, as well as a Master of European Affairs from Lund University in Sweden. I enjoy travelling, having lived in Paris and Leipzig as well as Sweden and having visted more than 50 countries.

No comments: