Monday, February 11, 2008

the full Wildrose Alliance platform part I

In the post below I'm trying to get a little goodnatured dig in at Mr Flanagan, but don't get me wrong here. Even if I find Mr Flanagan's theories about taxation a little dubious, fact is he's published some stuff. Not in an referreed academic journal perhaps, but published nonetheless, and I'm more impressed with a politician who has expressed a position on 1000 issues, a dozen of which are questionable, than a politician who has a position on just 10 uncontroversial issues.

If you are too scared to put a foot wrong, then don't go anywhere!

The Wildrose Alliance isn't scared. We've got our full platform on our website, and the odds of any given reader being in 100% agreement with every single plank is exceedingly low. Fact is, I voted against the inclusion of a number of them at our last convention. But the other fact is that I had a chance to propose planks, speak on them, and vote on them. If I don't like one of them, is the solution to go to another party where any policy convention for ordinary members is purely for show? I believe the platform is largely from the Wildrose side of the Wildrose Alliance, and the Wildrose Party was so small last year that I doubt that there were much more than 100 voters present at the last policy convention. Instead of expecting the party to subtract someone else's voice, why not add your own?

No comments: