Thursday, March 13, 2008

changing the topic

No, I haven't run out of material for roasting Ed Stelmach, even when posting five times a day. Don't you worry your pretty head about that, dear reader! Have some respect for the relability of my source! Whenever I am in dire need of making a snide retort, Ed will be there.

I'm changing the topic simply because I am too conscious of the fact that you haven't been blessed with perspicacity like I have with respect to the myriad other issues of the day. It thus behooves me to throw my many pearls of wisdom and wit on other matters before you, for you to trample underfoot. You don't have to thank me.


A man with genius is unendurable if he does not also possess at least two other things: gratitude and cleanliness.
- Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil

And so it is that we turn to a weighty discussion of the various tribulations facing "client number 9". Now they say it takes a genius to recognize a genius, so my service for you on this, the most portentous issue facing humanity, is to simply to refer you to the Guns N Roses' observation that
Some men you just can't reach...
So, you get what we had here last week,
which is the way he wants it!
Well, he gets it!
n' I don't like it any more than you men

Nietzsche might have something to say here as well, however: "The degree and kind of a man’s sexuality reaches up into the topmost summit of his spirit."

Some more gratuitious quotes:
The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.
- Thomas Babington, Lord Macaulay
A man's reaction to his appetites and impulses when they are roused gives the measure of that man's character. In these reactions are revealed the man's power to govern or his forced servility to yield.
- David Oman McKay
He who reigns within himself and rules his passions, desires, and fears is more than a king.
- John Milton
Discipline is the price of freedom.
- Elton Trueblood
Men should be what they seem.
- William Shakespeare

No comments: