Thursday, December 31, 2009

grim toll in Afghanistan

I have not seen DND disclose the names of the soldiers killed on December 30 yet so I best not disclose those details either, but suffice to say that Wednesday was a difficult day for 41 Combat Engineer Regiment.

One of my two current house mates made a little memorial (photo below) to a guy he knew for 12 years on the main floor here at the militia house.

I didn't know the departed as well but if I could talk to him I'd say it was my pleasure to hang out with you those few times years ago and your sacrifice will not be forgotten.





UPDATE:
The red circles were not in the original photos. I added them with Windows 7 Paint after to identify Sgt George Miok. Below is a photo of George (centre) on a 35 km march in Bosnia in October 2002 with fellow Canadians.

1 comment: